Our Governing Body
In accordance with the Government’s requirements the Governing Board has three core functions for our school, as set out in the 2014 Department for Education’s Handbook:
- Setting targets and promoting high standards of educational achievement.
- Setting the strategic framework within which the school operates.
- Management of the school’s delegated budget.
Governor Mission Statement 2022/23
The Governing Body of Asquith Primary School aims to support the ethos of the school in providing a safe environment where achievement is high and every child is able to develop and thrive within a supportive atmosphere.
We will achieve this through both an active involvement in the daily life of the school, where appropriate, and by working closely with the school’s senior leadership team:
- To set the strategic direction and appropriately challenging aims and objectives and support school leaders in achieving them through the establishment of the school Development Plan and careful monitoring of its implementation.
- To agree policies, priorities and performance targets in order to achieve these objectives.
- To receive evidence that these objectives are being achieved and challenge leaders where appropriate.
- To ensure that the school sets and works within a sensible financial plan.
- To ensure that all relevant statutory requirements are met.
The Governing Body will always act in the best interests of the school and its pupils. We will be prepared to explain clearly our decisions in an open and transparent way to staff, parents, pupils and others in the wider community and listen to their views.
We will be united in a common vision for the school shared by the Head Teacher in promoting the highest possible academic standards.
The Governors will act as a corporate body with integrity, objectivity and honesty in the best interests of the school and its pupils.
Meet our Governors
There are 12 Governors in total. The quorum is 6 Governors.
The standard term of office for a governor is 4 years. The Chair and Vice-Chair are elected annually at the first meeting of the year.
The Governing Body consists of:
Mrs Trudie Southward
Mrs Siobhan Grace
Mr Peter Withington (Vice Chair)
Mrs April Shirra
Mrs Laura Blackburn (DHT)
Michelle Robinson (Chair)
Matthew Costello (Vice Chair)